Are you looking for a unique and stylish accessory to elevate your everyday style? Look no further than handcrafted macrame keychains! These intricate designs are not only adorable but also serve as a representation of your personal style and personality. In this blog post, we will explore different types of macrame keychains, their features, and provide step-by-step tutorials for both easy and intermediate difficulty levels. Let’s dive in and discover how macrame keychains can add a touch of elegance to your accessories collection!
Types of Macrame keychains
There are numerous types of DIY Macrame keychains, and the ones commonly encountered in daily life include:
Tassel Macrame Keychain:
The Tassel Macrame Keychain features playful tassels, creating a lively and eye-catching accessory. It is a fashionable and expressive choice for individuals who prefer a bohemian or unconventional style.
Feather Macrame Keychain:
The Feather Macrame Keychain incorporates intricate knotting designs, imitating the delicate and complex structure of feathers. This type of keychain exudes a lightweight and ethereal beauty.
Beaded Macrame Keychain:
The Beaded Macrame Keychain showcases meticulously woven knots adorned with beads, adding subtle and enchanting texture to the accessory.
Daisy Macrame Keychain:
The Daisy Macrame Keychain displays cheerful and delicate patterns resembling daisy petals. This type of keychain emits a lively and feminine vibe.
In addition to these Macrame keychains, you can create various other types of keychains based on your creativity. Macrame keychains are adorable accessories, and today I will teach you how to make a simple and beginner-friendly Mini Daisy Macrame Keychain and Tassel Macrame Keychain.
Mini Daisy Macrame Keychain Making Tutorial
To make a Mini Daisy Macrame Keychain, you will need the following materials:
- Macrame cord or string in your desired color.
- Keychain ring or lobster clasp.
- Optional: beads or charms for decoration.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to create the Mini Daisy Macrame Keychain:
- Cut a piece of macrame cord measuring approximately 40 centimeters (16 inches). This will be the base cord.
- Fold the base cord in half and slide the folded loop through the keychain ring or lobster clasp. Pull the loose ends of the cord through the loop and tighten to secure the ring in pMacrame.
- Now, you will start creating the daisy pattern. Take two additional cords and fold them in half. PMacrame them under the base cord, forming a loop.
- Take the loose ends of the folded cords and pass them through the loop, creating a knot. Pull the ends tightly to secure the knot against the base cord.
- Repeat this knotting process with more folded cords, spacing them evenly along the base cord. You can choose to make as many daisy petals as you desire.
- Once you have created all the daisy petals, it’s time to add the center of the flower. Cut a small piece of cord, approximately 10 centimeters (4 inches) long.
- Fold the small cord in half and pass it through the center of the daisy, underneath the petals. Create a knot to secure the center cord in pMacrame.
- Trim the excess cord from the center knot and the petals, leaving a small tail for a neat finish.
- To complete the keychain, you can add decorative beads or charms to the base cord or the center knot. Simply thread them onto the cord before tying off the ends.
- Finally, trim any excess cord and adjust the length of the keychain to your preference.
Congratulations! You have successfully created a Mini Daisy Macrame Keychain. It is now ready to be attached to your keys or used as a stylish accessory.
Tassel Macrame Keychain Making Tutorial
Materials you will need:
- Cotton cord or yarn
- Keyring or lobster clasp
- Tape or clip (to secure the cord)
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to create the Tassel Macrame Keychain：
- Cut the cord：Start by cutting two pieces of cord, each measuring approximately 20 inches long. You can adjust the length depending on how long you want your tassel to be.
- Fold the cord：Take the two pieces of cord and fold them in half. This will create a loop at one end. PMacrame the looped end through the keyring or lobster clasp and pull the loose ends of the cord through the loop, securing it in pMacrame.
- Create the tassel：Take another piece of cord, approximately 10 inches long, and fold it in half. PMacrame the folded end underneath the looped end of the two cords.
- Start the macrame knot：Take the loose ends of the folded cord and pass them through the loop created by the folded cord. Pull the loose ends of the folded cord to tighten the knot. This is known as a half knot or lark’s head knot. Repeat this step several times, alternating between the left and right sides, until you reach your desired tassel length.
- Secure the tassel：To secure the tassel, tie a knot at the end of the cords, leaving a small loop. Trim any excess cord.
- Trim the tassel：Using scissors, trim the ends of the tassel to your desired length. You can trim them evenly or create a tapered effect by cutting them at an angle.
- Optional embellishments：If you want to add some extra flair to your tassel macrame keychain, you can attach beads, charms, or feathers to the cords. Simply thread them onto the cords before tying the final knot.
The above are two relatively simple keychain tutorials.If you have your own ideas but don’t know how to make them, please contact us and we will provide you with professional customization services
Handcrafted macrame keychains are a fantastic way to elevate your style and add a personal touch to your everyday accessories. With various types of Macrame keychains and step-by-step tutorials, you can unleash your creativity and create unique pieces that represent your style and personality. So, grab your macrame cords and get ready to craft stunning keychains that will make a statement wherever you go!